What is Design-Build?
Design-Build is a delivery method that gives the owner/developer the ability
to contract with a single entity that provides a multitude of design and
construction services. Why Design-Build?
5 reasons Why Design-Build is becoming the preferred choice for owners:
- Single point of responsibility for design and construction, meaning less litigation and fewer claims, thereby reducing risk
- Early participation by owner, contractor, consultants, and subcontractors, improves constructability and quality, lowers costs, and improves predictability of final costs
- More efficient interaction between all parties saves time and reduces potential for change orders, reducing the claim for "extras"
- Better balance of city requirements, owner goals, tenant expectations, and budget limitations
- Reduction in time delays due to scheduling problems and construction changes, resulting in better control over budgets and a faster project delivery
When is Design-Build right for you?
- The owner needs an early cost commitment
- The owner considers risk control a high priority
- The owner is developing a complex project and wants to closely coordinate design and
- The owner has not clearly defined the project at an early stage and cannot specify
- The owner needs to save time by keeping design and construction developing simultaneously